Many qualified applicants for VILLUM Young Investigator Programme
25 June 2018
We thank the 214 young researchers who have submitted applications to the VILLUM Young Investigator Programme.
VILLUM Young Investigator Programme
For young researchers setting up their own research team for the first time. The grant amount is DKK 7-10 million. The grant can be awarded once only, and the timeframe is five years.
The VILLUM Young Investigator Programme granted funds for the first time in 2012 and has since supported 129 young research talents.
This year we have received 214 applications for the programme.
The applications will be evaluated by the programme committee, who will select 30 excellent researchers for interviews in November.
- Professor Dorte Juul Jensen, DTU MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, Technical University of Denmark (Chair)
- Professor Bart de Moor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Professor Charlotte Fløe Kristjansen, Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen
- Professor Owen Lewis, Brasenose College, University of Oxford
- Professor Susanne Mandrup, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark
- Professor Helmut Bölcskei, Department of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering and Department of Mathematics, ETH
- Professor Jenny Emnéus, DTU NANOTECH, Technical University of Denmark
- Professor Bo Elberling, Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management, University of Copenhagen
- Professor Duncan Sutherland, Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center, Aarhus University
We expect that 15-20 researchers will be apointed as VILLUM Young Investigators by the board of VILLUM FONDEN on 21 December 2018.
The appointed VILLUM Young Investigators will each receive a grant of DKK 7-10 million.
- 29 October 2018: Rejection or invitation to an interview
- 12, 13 and 14 November 2018: Interviews with selected applicants
- 22 December 2018: Rejection or approval of a grant
- 23 January 2019: Celebration of VILLUM Young Investigators and presentation of the Villum Kann Rasmussen Annual Award in Science and Technology
We thank all the applicants, and appreciate the amount of time they have invested in their application submitted to VILLUM FONDEN.
VILLUM Young Investigators 2018
In January 2018, 18 young research talents received a total of DKK 153 million in funding.