EU Joint Call:
The EU Joint Programme on Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) is inviting proposals from multi-national research teams to increase understanding of the factors that contribute to the quality and delivery of health and social care for neurodegenerative diseases.
Current research suggests strong potential for improving quality of life for those living with neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease, with novel health and social care concepts and innovations focusing on the preservation of dignity, independence and social inclusion. Nevertheless, the availability and quality of such services vary considerably across Europe and beyond.
In this context, JPND is inviting multi-national research teams to submit proposals for ambitious, innovative and multi-disciplinary collaborative projects that address health and social care at both the macro level of systems and infrastructures and the individual level of patients, carers and families.
VELUX FONDEN is one of 20 EU and non-EU funding organisations who have agreed to fund this joint call for multinational research projects, with a view to adding value to their existing nationally funded activities.
The call will be conducted simultaneously by the funding organisations in their respective countries and coordinated centrally by the Joint Call Secretariat.
Proposals submitted under this call, which is open to applicants in 20 countries, must relate to any or several of the following neurodegenerative diseases: Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, Parkinson’s disease and related disorders, prion diseases, motor neuron diseases, Huntington’s disease, spinocerebellar ataxia and spinal muscular atrophy. And proposals are expected to engage patients, carers and the public.
Research projects may include, but are not limited to, one or several of the following areas:
- Care pathways and programmes using the potential of patient involvement
- Factors influencing progression and prognosis of disease
- Outcome measures for patients and their informal carers
- Palliative care for patients
- Cost-effectiveness and affordability of interventions including ethical concerns
Specific requirements from VELUX FONDEN:
- Proposals within Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias and Parkinson’s disease will be prioritized.
- Proposals on health and social care must be related to rehabilitation.
- Proposals must include active involvement of patients or carers in the research process.
- It may include research visits abroad.
- It may not be a PhD-project.
- Postdoctoral candidates will be prioritized and should be in the beginning of their career (with a PhD age of 5 years or less).
Where can I get more information about this call?
The call is coordinated centrally by the JPND Joint Call Secretariat.
EU Joint Programme – Neurodegenerative Disease Research
Pre-proposals must be submitted no later than 6 March 2018.
- Pre-proposals must be submitted no later than 6 March 2018, via the electronic submission tool at the JPND web site.
- It is expected, that consortia invited for the full-proposal stage, will need to submit their proposal on June 27th 2018.
Tlf.: +45 2381 5654
Tlf.: +45 6011 3015