VELUX FONDEN wishes to contribute to a Danish marine environment in balance.
Plastic pollution in the sea is a growing environmental problem, and there is a need for comprehensive knowledge about types of pollution, effects on the ecosystems of the sea, spreading of the pollution, sustainable alternatives, etc. in order to develop efficient and climate neutral transition strategies.
DKK 20m has been allocated for a period of 4-5 years, in addition to possible co-financing from the participating research institutions.
It should be emphasised that the involved researchers must spend the majority of their time on research within the centre’s activities.
Applications will be evaluated on basis of the following criteria:
- Interdisciplinary, original, innovative, action-oriented research at a high international level
- An internationally acclaimed and outgoing director of centre / Chair
- Potential environmental effect which proves that research reaches the decision-makers
The foundation’s evaluation process will be conducted in two stages.
- Stage 1: Preliminary evaluation of the various applicants
- Stage 2: Selected applications will be evaluated by external reviewers and the individual applicants will be invited to an interview with the foundation.
The application must be in English.
The application must be max. 10 pages (including relevant attachments) and must include the following:
- A professionally motivated description of the proposed centre’s / selected Chair’s profile.
- An overall research plan with suggested work packages.
- A description of the centre’s / the selected Chair’s innovative and interdisciplinary elements.
- A description/account of the research institution’s past work and research within the areas and how the director of the centre / the selected Chair will contribute to its future development.
- A description of the participating researchers’ competences and roles in the centre /the chosen team attached to the selected Chair.
- Letter of approval from the host institution and the participating researchers.
- Budget and CV’s of the director of the centre / Chair including central researchers should be attached to the application. Please find budget guidelines in the online application portal (link below).
Ready to apply?
Application deadline is: 9 May 2018 at 09.00 am.
Announcement of grant is expected to be at the beginning of November 2018.
Focusing on Danish sea areas
VELUX FONDEN wishes to contribute to a sustainable balance between the use and the conservation of marine resources.
If you have any questions please contact: