The Building Component Award is granted every second year. Next time in 2019.
The Building Component Award is given to individuals who have made a noteworthy contribution to furthering the understanding of the value and significance of building components, including their practical use in daily living. The award is granted to an individual or a small group.
The Building Component Award is DKK 100,000
What is the Building Component Award?
With this award, we wish to create awareness about the value, significance and practical use of building components in daily life. The special recognition may concern both idea development and design as well as the construction of production equipment and marketing or a combination of these activities.
Building components are defined as subcomponents, prefabricated in an industrial process that subsequently forms part of a building. These may include established as well as new products. Building components that can be considered must have a significant Danish character - origin, history, production or in some other way anchored in Denmark.
• The name, background and occupation of the candidate(s).
• A short description of the building component, its function, materials, distribution, sustainable access, availability etc. This description must cover how the component has created special value and importance in the practical use in daily life.
• A description of how the candidate has made a special effort regarding the development and distribution of industrially manufactured building components.
• Illustrations and/or links for more information about the component.
• Name and contact information of the supporter of the candidate.
• Bjarne G. Thomsen, former Group Managing Director and Chairman of the Award Committee
• Kurt Bering Sørensen, CEO BeringBoard, former CEO
• Søren Nielsen, partner, Tegnestuen Vandkunsten
• Arne Becker, Executive Vice President of MT Højgaard A/S, representative of DI Byg
• Ole Bønnelycke, Director of the Secretary of The Danish Building Defects Fund
• Ellen Kathrine Hansen, Associate Professor, PhD, Aalborg University Copenhagen, Coordinator for Building Component Award
For questions please contact member of commitee and coordinator Ellen Kathrine Hansen at email@example.com